We’ve compiled a list of our favorite science jokes. Guaranteed to make you laugh – or at least smile – or maybe cringe. Because laughter is still good medicine – especially during challenging times.
- Why did the white bear dissolve in water?…Because he was POLAR!
- What does a brain do when it sees a friend across the street? …It gives a brain wave!
- Did you hear about the famous microbiologist who visited 30 different countries and spoke 6 languages?…He was a man of many cultures.
- What does the subatomic duck say?…Quark!
- I made a DNA joke in my biology class but no one laughed…Guess my thymine was off.
- Did you hear oxygen went on a date with potassium?…It went OK.
- A couple of biologists had twins… They named one Robert and the other Control.
- A bioinformatician walks into a bar. The bartender asks, “GATCGCATCAATAAA?” The bioinformatician replies, “I’m going to need a translation.”
- A neutron walks into a bar and orders a drink. Upon being asked the price, the bartender responded, “For you? No charge.”
- (A little darker but still chemically accurate.) Two chemists walk into a bar. The first chemist says to the bartender, “I’ll have some H2O.” The bartender hands him a filled glass, and the chemist takes a swig and smiles. The second chemist then says to the bartender, “I’ll have an H2O too!” The bartender hands the second chemist a filled glass, the chemist takes a swig, and promptly dies.
And four bonus one liners to use at your own discretion.
- Did you just mutate for a stop codon? Because you’re talking nonsense!
- Sorry I didn’t call back last night – I was reading a book on helium and I couldn’t put it down.
- You must be a neuron, because you’ve got some serious action potential.
- If I had to choose between DNA and RNA, I would choose RNA because it has U in it
Do you have a favorite science joke, meme, or cartoon that we missed? Share them with us!