Happy National Online Learning Day!
Celebrated on September 15th every year since 2016, this year, National Online Learning Day seems eerily omniscient. With many school districts, colleges, and universities choosing to remain virtual through the Fall semester, this commemorative day now holds new meaning for large swaths of the country. According to the OnlineLearningDay.com website, this day was introduced to recognize “how students of all ages are thriving with the ability to learn online – anywhere, anytime” and to “cultivate awareness of, and support for, this ever growing community of learners and to celebrate the future of online education.” Fortunately, educators now have more online tools than ever before to choose from!
To celebrate National Online Learning Day, we’ve compiled a list of our favorite online resources:
- EDVOTEK® YouTube Channel – Find Instructional Videos, EdvoTech Tips, and an archive of our Live Streams!
- EDVOTEK Learning Center – Central location for Quick Guides, Lesson Plans, Videos, Professional Development presentations, Worksheets, and Troubleshooting Guides.
- Teach.Genetics – Created by the Genetic Science Learning Center to help support teachers in the classroom
- Cold Spring Harbor Lab DNA Learning Center – Fantastic resource for DNA videos, animations, and more!
- National Zoo Web Cams – Who doesn’t love watching the Mei Zhang / Baby Panda live web cam?
- Smithsonian Science Education Center
Science Recipes – At-home fun science with easily sourced materials
Arizona State University Ask a Biologist!
Coloring Pages & Worksheets – Add some art to your science lessons!
Videos & Engagement:
- Amoeba Sisters – Humorous animated videos focusing on biology, but there’s a whole lot more!
- minutephysics – Had to throw a little Physics into this list and this is an excellent one.
- Skype a Scientist – Directly connect with a scientist and go straight to the source for answers!