If you’re like many teachers across the US, the 2020-2021 school year was mostly virtual or operated on a hybrid schedule. Its been a long strange trip, and although the pandemic is not yet behind us, many schools are entering the 2021-2022 year with 100% in-person instruction and inching towards normalcy.
Due to the pandemic, students may have missed out on skills-based labs, or you may be a little rusty yourself! Do you need a refresher on how to pour an agarose gel ? Is your pipette calibrated correctly ? Do you know the differences between blue stains & fluorescent stains and the equipment required ?
Let us help you discover the best of biotechnology and get back into the swing of things!
Featured Skills-Based Products:
S-45: Pipetting By Numbers: STEAM Pipetting Practice
• Set your classroom up for a year of experimental success by mastering micropipetting
• Learn best practices, key parts, and the importance of accuracy & precision
• Engage students with a STEAM wet lab based on “paint by numbers”
• Create a colorful, science-themed classroom poster
101: Principles and Practice of Agarose Gel Electrophoresis
• Explore how gel electrophoresis separates molecules
• Learn about macromolecules, electromotive force, and molecule sorting
• Load and run samples and watch as they separate, migrate at different rates, and even travel in opposite directions!
• A hands-on and STEM-focused introduction to this fundamental biotechnology
S-75: Do Onions, Strawberries and Bananas Have DNA?
• Learn about living organisms and DNA
• Students construct double-stranded DNA models and explore nucleotide pairing
• A classroom spooling demonstration lets students see DNA and introduces this technique
• Finally, student extract and spool fruit and vegetable DNA in two hands-on experiments